So many times I have met people who are hurting because someone had really treated them badly or had done terrible things in life.
They are unable to let go off of something because they do not want to. I have heard even things like, “I want this anger to grow inside me, I am cultivating it, so that, I can take it out on them one day”.
I always wonder who is getting hurt in all this? To take out revenge after few years, so that the person can suffer later on, you want to suffer right now and for coming time and then what will you get after that time? Lost years, guilt that you have made someone else suffer and feeling bad about yourself. Not to mention, how the piled up anger would eat up the body. What all parts of the body would get killed in that can’t even imagine that.
It will also jeopardize our thinking. We will become a negative person ourselves because we are thinking negative all the time by storing that anger. Is it all worth at the cost of someone else suffering? I understand we suffered, someone did bad to us?
But let’s think rationally:
1. Who is suffering right now?
2. If we forgive who has a better life?
3. Who are we to decide who shall be punished how much?
4. karma anyway comes back.
5. Who are we to decide the type of result for anyone and at what time the person shall suffer?
6. What if we are paying back any karmic debt too?
7. What if this all is good for our own growth?
8. Think, how light and better you would feel after releasing all these negative emotions?
9. How much space would you have inside for better things in life?
10. How much time would you save to think better things?
When you forgive, it is not about someone else. it is about gifting freedom, love, better life, better health to yourself. When you forgive you set yourself free. When you do not, you keep burning yourself alive every day.
It’s a process, tell yourself every day that I forgive and see the change in few days. It may be difficult in the beginning but very beautiful eventually. You will be the happiest self. Gift that to yourself.