Stuck with your affirmations? Nothing manifesting? Perhaps you don’t know how. Affirmation expert Song Chengxiang offers some handy tips.
• The affirmation must be believable to the subconscious mind: Instead of saying ‘I earn Rs 1 crore per year’, say I choose to earn Rs 1 crore per year’. Do you feel the difference?
• The subconscious mind seeks proof: Many people stay in poverty because they associate pain with money. Next time when you go out shopping, at the moment you take out your money or credit card, say this affirmation to yourself ‘I always have more than enough to spend.’
• The affirmation must trigger feelings: Either use words like ‘fun, enjoyable, comfortable, delightful’ or use imagination. Visualize that the situation stated in your affirmation has already come true. See yourself in that situation and feel the feelings.
• The affirmation must obey the 3 P’s factor: The 3 P’s are Positive, Present Tense, and Personal. Affirmations must be stated positively. Instead of saying ‘I am not fat’, say ‘I choose to stay slim’. Affirmations must be in the present tense. However, I only agree to some extent. If you say ‘I have a beautiful new car’, your mind will not believe you. Now say ‘I choose to have a beautiful new car’. Your mind will do its best to bring it into reality.
Affirmations must be personal. If you say ‘Jyothi loves me’, it will not be effective, because you have no control over Jyothi. Now say ‘I choose to feel that Jyothi really loves me’.
• Personal development affirmations should be stated in the comparative: ‘I am confident’ may not be as effective as ‘I choose to feel more and more confident’.